Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 4 & 5

So I have been given a project in my mentors absence. I must create a tree structure for the names of all the Fitnesse pages in limelight, such that all the pages will be displayed in an expandable list. I will first need to create a limelight app that can display the list correctly. Then I need to get the names of the pages from Fitnesse, and use my Limelight app to display that list of all the names. Finally I believe I will need to use the names in the list as links that will open a browser to that Fitnesse page. Yesterday I re-familiarized myself with Ruby and Limelight, finally got Rspec to work in text-mate after working for about two hours to get it to work in Intellij, only to find that Intellij has a bug that prevents you from opening project structures in certain cases. I also got a start on the gui aspect of this project. Today I got a large amount of the list and tree node code all done, as well as finished the skeleton of what the Limelight app should look like. Now I must find a way to pull the names from Fitnesse into my app, and then implement the list structure once I have the names. Finally I will need to make those names links.
I also got a few more of the Craftsmanship articles done, and am about 100 pages into Clean Code (its a very dense book, and takes awhile to recognize the important details in the code).

1 comment:

  1. I had starting reading the Craftsman articles awhile back but fizzled out, so thanks for the reminder me that I need to keep reading! Also cool to see what other apprentices are doing - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete