Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 6 & 7

I was able to complete my Limelight app for FitNesse, which displays the hierarchy of pages in an agreeable manner. A few issues came up, such as whether I should load all the pages at once (which I tried at first, but it would take about 10 seconds to load!) or only load the current level pages, and then load a page's children when the user expands that page (by clicking on the plus sign which then becomes a minus sign, this is hopefully a familiar structure). For the most part it all went smoothely, and my code is, I believe, 100 % tested (except for my GUI code, which I wasn't sure how to test but Micah says there is a way to do it). I also added a new small little FitNesse feature, that made life easier for my limelight app.
Much of today has been spent working with my dad on refactoring my tests and code for the AddChildResponder for FitNesse. Its funny, when I look at the code and think it looks pretty readable and well abstracted, my dad will see it and say "But oh, look at this, these 3 lines show up here, here and here... Lets extract that into a new method. Ahh, thats better," then low and behold it becomes even more clear what my intentions were when I was writing the code... even if I hadn't known those were my intentions. Its a pretty awesome skill that I hope to acquire in time.

1 comment:

  1. You can see a demo of testing Limelight GUIs at Chcago Code Camp Tomorrow... http://www.chicagocodecamp.com/

    ReplyDelete