Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 24

I have been quite inconsistent with this blog, and I believe this is a mistake. Thus I will remedy this mistake by trying to blog after each day... something I should have done from the start. The blog for me will be an excellent reference to what I have learned, what I need to learn, and what I have accomplished. It will also solidify, each day, what I have learned.

The last weekish has been mostly focused on the lighthouse task #123, changing the manner in which FitNesse updates. It turned out to be a rather larger task than first anticipated, but at long last it has been resolved. Just today we went back and refactored the code we used to implement it. FitNesse can now be updated from a single jar file, whereas it used to require a zip file containing many bits and pieces, and some of the files would even have to be changed manually.

Much of today was actually spent on getting our iPhones to work!

I have also been able to make more progress on my major summer project, the issue is that I was planning on building this project upon my FitNesse Side Bar project that I completed earlier, but now that code is overextending it intended boundaries and thus is getting a bit messy. I have been constantly refactoring, but I fear I might just have to scrap it and start from ground zero. The biggest problem I am having is that I have started passing page information through Limelight props... it might not be terrible yet, but the idea of passing the program's data through the GUI is rather disconcerting.

No comments:

Post a Comment