Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 26

Yesterday I got started on my summer project, but I had some trouble when I began trying to test my Limelight Players. I can look at the Limelight source code, and there are a few player tests that are an interesting reference, but it is still a bit confusing.

Most of Yesterday was spent learning about a new language called Clojure. It is a sort of hybrid between Java and Lisp. Lisp being a purely constant language, although there are cute ways to cheat, and then you can also make calls to Java methods. As a whole the language seems quite powerful and able to accomplish large amounts with just a few lines. The annoying part is the parentheses. Lisp has been called Lots of insignificant parentheses simply because at the end of even a small program you will get this chain of maybe 12 closing parens. Its kinda ridiculous.

I also did some investigating into Json objects, their format, and their nature. Like that a Json object can actually be executed in Java Script

No comments:

Post a Comment